Re: [ARMini-support] PhotoFix for Cortex A9 machines (and maybe A8)

  • From: "Chris Bell (Lists)" <chris.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 10:34:33 +0000 (GMT)

Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Chris Bell (Lists) <chris.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Has anyone had any success manipulating photos using a 'fixed' version
> > of Photodesk on an ARMiniX or PandaRO?  If so, which version Photodesk
> > and which version OS?  I haven't had much luck.

> Oddly, I never needed any fix for using Photodesk on my ARMiniX - at
> least not that I remember. That's Photodesk 3.12 (2012/04/22) on an
> ARMiniX with RISCOS 5.21.

Well, what d'ya know?  I've just re-tried an unfixed version (3.12,
2012/04/22) under OS 5.21 (14-Feb-15) with AemulorPro (2.33) and it almost
worked.  I had much less success a year ago under an earlier OS.

Now, since the 2 versions crash doing very different things, maybe some
diligent experimenting will reveal a combination of bits from each one
which is reliable.  I'll report back if/when I succeed!

Chris.