Re: [ARMini-support] PhotoFix for Cortex A9 machines (and maybe A8)

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 12:09:23 GMT

> Well, what d'ya know?  I've just re-tried an unfixed version (3.12,
> 2012/04/22) under OS 5.21 (14-Feb-15) with AemulorPro (2.33) and it almost
> worked.  I had much less success a year ago under an earlier OS.

> Now, since the 2 versions crash doing very different things, maybe some
> diligent experimenting will reveal a combination of bits from each one
> which is reliable.  I'll report back if/when I succeed!

Erm, the idea is *not* to run Aemulor with PhotoFix.  No idea how that
would interact.

Photodesk's functionality may vary depending on what exactly you try
to do with it.  PhotoFix was designed to allow it to load, open files,
save etc.  It has been tested using airbrush and some effects, but
beyond that, I don't use the product and can't comment.

I would personally turn the clipboard-preservation feature off, and
make sure you allocate a lot of RAM to it via it's choices window
(32Mb+).

However, PhotoDesk isn't (IMHO) a stable program to begin with, so
your mileage may vary.

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS