Re: [ARMini-support] apps erroring for no apparent reason

  • From: Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 15:19:03 GMT

In message <54dde2a754.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 on 21 Mar 2015 Jim Nagel <jimmini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My Armini (not X) with Ro 5.20 has recently been throwing up errors,
> for no apparent reason, from various apps that are loaded but not
> actually in use.

> Among them are Workspace, Organizer, Keystroke, which load at boot.
> Sometimes I can click "continue" and the app carries on; other times
> the app just disappears from the iconbar.

> More worrying is StrongEd, which is normally rock-solid.  (It also
> loads at boot.)  Often while I am in the middle of writing something,
> StrongEd flashes up a warning about an error, for no apparent reason,
> but gives me the option of continuing or quitting.  I take care to
> save my work often and then when convenient quit and reload StrongEd.

> It's the "no apparent reason" thing about these errors that gets me.
> Could it be triggered by an event from elsewhere on the network?

> Has anybody else experienced this?  Any advice?

I have a recollection of a problem along these lines at some point in
the past.  However, I've just taken a look through my email archive
and been unable to spot a relevant thread.

I'm wondering if it's an ARM v7  alignment exceptions issue.  What did
you install / change just before the problem started?

Regards

Andrew
--
Andrew Pinder