[ARMini-support] apps erroring for no apparent reason

  • From: Jim Nagel <jimmini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 15:05:57 GMT

My Armini (not X) with Ro 5.20 has recently been throwing up errors,
for no apparent reason, from various apps that are loaded but not
actually in use.

Among them are Workspace, Organizer, Keystroke, which load at boot.
Sometimes I can click "continue" and the app carries on; other times
the app just disappears from the iconbar.

More worrying is StrongEd, which is normally rock-solid.  (It also
loads at boot.)  Often while I am in the middle of writing something,
StrongEd flashes up a warning about an error, for no apparent reason,
but gives me the option of continuing or quitting.  I take care to
save my work often and then when convenient quit and reload StrongEd.

It's the "no apparent reason" thing about these errors that gets me.
Could it be triggered by an event from elsewhere on the network?

Has anybody else experienced this?  Any advice?

I'm wondering if Moonfish could be the culprit.  It is in the boot
sequence somewhere:  it appears as an item in Configure, and I'm not
sure how to remove it from boot.  I don't actually use it, because any
attempt to edit its list of Armini directories that I would like it to
share or who should see them always brings down the whole machine:
nothing but a hard reset will do.  (Moonfish seems stable on the
Iyonix, however.)

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk