Re: [ARMini-support] Beagleboard Scheme download and other issues

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 19:49:47 GMT

In message <c8cdea2a52.dougjwebb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <bc63d72a52.rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Just a short post to say that I have uploaded a replacement
>> Caution.zip and also made available a selection of additional fonts.
>> These should be of interest to both ARMini and Beagleboard users.

> Hi Andrew

> Thanks for the updated Caution zip which now works OK.

> Also thanks for the extra goodies.

> I have also tried the fonts and I have to report that there seems some
> issues with them and Netsurf 2.8.

> Verity fonts unzip and install OK and Netsurf will start when they
> have been added via the !Boot>Configure>Fonts>Install process.

> DejaVu and FreeFont unpack and give a Bad archive message but complete
> if you re-try.

> UniFont unzips OK.

> DejaVu, FreeFont and UniFont all cause Netsurf to fall over with a
> serious error message when you try to start it up after they have been
> installed in to the !Fonts directory via
> !Boot>Configure>Fonts>Install.

> Do the three fonts work on your test systems as if so then I'll check
> with the Netsurf team and send them the resultant error file.

There's something odd going on.  I'm zipping with !SparkFS 1.42, and
using the "Test Archive" feature before uploading.  Either the FTP
transaction is killing the zips (possible) or...  I don't know.

Either way, I just place fonts in !Fonts, I don't "install" them.
NetSurf scans them on next run.  Scanning takes about 10 seconds per
font, but completes OK.

Make sure you're running our OS build, since there were some bugs in
the UniCode font manager previously.

I'll try and re-upload the files from this end.  I'm really puzzled by
UniFont, though, as one of our programmers downloaded it fine the
other day.

Hmm.  It seems like a problem with data corruption during upload, as
the original zips work fine.

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS