Re: [ARMini-support] Beagleboard Scheme download and other issues

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 18:11:34 GMT

In message <bc63d72a52.rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just a short post to say that I have uploaded a replacement
> Caution.zip and also made available a selection of additional fonts.
> These should be of interest to both ARMini and Beagleboard users.

Hi Andrew

Thanks for the updated Caution zip which now works OK.

Also thanks for the extra goodies.

I have also tried the fonts and I have to report that there seems some
issues with them and Netsurf 2.8.

Verity fonts unzip and install OK and Netsurf will start when they
have been added via the !Boot>Configure>Fonts>Install process.

DejaVu and FreeFont unpack and give a Bad archive message but complete
if you re-try.

UniFont unzips OK.

DejaVu, FreeFont and UniFont all cause Netsurf to fall over with a
serious error message when you try to start it up after they have been
installed in to the !Fonts directory via
!Boot>Configure>Fonts>Install.

Do the three fonts work on your test systems as if so then I'll check
with the Netsurf team and send them the resultant error file.

Doug

--
Using an IYONIX pc and RISC OS 5.17, the thinking person's alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.