[argyllcms] Re: screen different after screensaver

  • From: Matti Koskinen <mjkoskin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 11:00:42 +0200

Graeme Gill wrote:
I wasn't aware that any MSWindows screensavers mess up calibration, and I
certainly can't find any amongst those supplied with Win2K, WinXP or Vista,
so perhaps you are choosing some 3rd party program ?
nope, I use the standard pipes 3d.. But Florian's suggestion of blanking just the screen is worth trying. BTW. Is the screensaver so important with lcd, I know crts have problems. Back in the 80's we used crt-terminals at work. They hadn't any screensaver, nor did they get blank, and some messy text was readable on the screen.

The simplest solution might be to choose from those that come with
the OS. Getting the authors of the screensave you are using to to fix it
is another approach, but the progress could be uncertain.

Graeme Gill.

thanks Florian and Graeme.

-matti