[argyllcms] Re: Problem with calibration

  • From: Fridtjof Busse <fbusse@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 09:38:04 +0100

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 11:55:21 +1100, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Fridtjof Busse wrote:
>> For example: If I use the profile produced by Argyll, many of the
>> numbers on the testchart [1] are invisible, while the profile from
>> basICColor shows even the "1" (though very weak).
>
> There are many possible explanations for this, but without further
> information it's hard to guess what your particular situation is.

Well, I'm simply running basICColor on Windows and ArgyllCMS on Linux.
Both with whitepoint to native, white level to 120 cd/m² and tone curve to
L*.
They agree quite well on the RGB values for the white level (argyll wants a
little more blue, don't know why), but the generated icc profiles differ
greatly.
The referenced testchart is intended for contrast and contrast, but only
the icc profile from basICColor shows the "weaker" numbers.
As I'd greatly prefer to use a native CMS instead of having to use windows
for this, I'm curious to what might cause this.
I'm not yet very familiar with the many options that Argyll offers, but
I'll try to dig through the thread
<//www.freelists.org/post/argyllcms/In-the-shadowlands> that seems to
discuss a very similar problem, using charts from the same source.