[argyllcms] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Kris Jensen <kristofor.jensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 06:39:05 -0400

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 3:49 AM, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b@xxxxxx> wrote:

>  From: Kris Jensen <kristofor.jensen@xxxxxxxxx>
>> Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 10:23:25 -0400
>>

>  Not really argyll related (my appologies) but this is the most focused
>> group
>> imaginable for answers on the subject.   I am looking for good quality,
>> public domain CIE 1931 chromaticity diagrams for sRGB and Adobe RGB for
>> use
>> in a photography text about color.
>>
>> Is there a program in any of the linux repositories that can generate good
>> quality ones?  So far I have only been able to take screenshots of the
>> profile viewer for the draft copy but am looking for something better.
>>

> Did you try the ppmcie command line tool?
>
> kind regards
> Kai-Uwe Behrmann
> --
> developing for colour management www.behrmann.name + www.oyranos.org

Thanks...I discovered it just after sending the email BUT it seems like the
only way to generate a specific chart (i.e. Adobe RGB or sRGB) is by
entering the x and y coordinates for each of the 3 primaries and white.  So
now my hunt has changed a bit.  As soon as I can find relatively accurate
coordinates I'll try generating my own with the -nolabel and -noblack
parameters then swap out the black background for white (since it's being
used in a printed text.  If you know of any tabulated sources of the x,y
locations of the primaries for some of the most common working spaces I'd
really appreciate it.

cheers,

Kristofor