[argyllcms]

  • From: "Philip Reed" <philipreed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 11:58:58 -0400

Hi,

I'm currently experiencing two problems with my DTP20 v1.03. on Windows XP
SP3. The first is connection related:

chartread.exe -v -H -B 1400_Pulse_Plain_Paper

Steps in each Pass = 30

Passes in each Strip = 18, 19, 2

chartread: Error - Opening USB port 'usb:/bus3/dev1/ (Xrite DTP20)' config 1
failed (Operation not supported or unimplemented on this platform)
(Permissions ?}

I then installed Colorport from X-rite to see if the Pulse was the problem,
but it was recognized and functioned without difficulty.

Untethered on plain paper the patches seem too small and I can only get the
TID read.  I've tried increasing the patch size using the -a switch in
printtarg, but it seems to have no effect.  I'm sure I'm doing something
wrong.  This is my work flow so far:

targen.exe -v2 -d2 -G -g128 -e8 -f1170 1400_Pulse_Plain_Paper

printtarg.exe -v -i20 -a1.5 -T360 -pLetter 1400_Pulse_Plain_Paper

I've also been using argyllcms with dispcalgui and my Colormunki to
calibrate and profile my Dell U2711 with great success.  I have used the
Colormunki for printer profiles, but wanted to see how they would compare to
profiles made with the DTP20.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks to Graeme for this amazing
software!

Regards - Phil