[argyllcms] Re: argyllcms+colord

  • From: pdi <pdi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 07:28:56 +0200

On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 11:54:26 +1100
Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for tracking the problem down. I'm not sure what
to do about it though, apart from remove any allowance for
ACL_MANAGE, which is a pity, because it's a lot more natural
way of handling things like color instruments.

It was your pointer about udev not working properly that led me to it,
so thanks are due to you too :-)

I cannot judge how spread this little problem might be outside
Slackware 14.1. As I wrote it seems it will not be an issue with the
upcoming release. I'll notify the argyllcms maintainer in
SlackBuilds.org about the issue on 14.1.

Perhaps a parenthetical heads up in
www.argyllcms.com/doc/Installing_Linux.html will help any other users
who come to the doc for help.

The issue hinges on the test used in line 117 of 55-Argyll.rules. My
hunch is there may be a way to use dbus to query udev if it uses
udev-acl, but my fu is not up to the task.