[argyllcms] Re: Using an i1 to measure FWA content?

  • From: Martin Weberg <martin.weberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 10:57:41 +0100

2010/2/9 Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>:
> Martin Weberg wrote:
>> The readings are different. See attached.
>>

> Martin, I assume, after switching between UV-filtered and non-filtered,
> you always calibrate the instrument against the calibration tile again,
> before taking some readings, do you?

Yes, calibration before each reading.

> Well, if we'd assume that the filtered light does not contain any energy
> below 400nm or 420nm, then basically we would have to discard the
> readings for these wavelengths completely,

That's what I've been thinking. If the UV filter goes in both
directions, which I assume, why do we get reflectance below 400nm? No
UV wavelength's are emitted to the paper and no UV wavelength's
reaches the measurement device.

> I could also imagine that the
> instrument possibly applies some kind of regularization in order to
> avoid completely unfeasible readings (dominated by noise only) at the UV
> wavelengths.

Probably. How would the measured colour be affected by setting those
UV wavelength bands to zero?

Martin Weberg