[argyllcms] Re: Using an i1 to measure FWA content?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 01:17:39 +1100

Martin Weberg wrote:
The original observation was: UV filtered reading was high below 420nm
while no filter and FWA compensation was low. Since UV filtered
readings contain no UV (10-400nm) I thought it was interesting that
the Spectrolino fitted with UV filter produced higher reflectance then
without filter below 420nm.

This response is consistent with media that has no FWA, since
FWA absorbs short wavelength energy so as to re-emit it
at longer wavelengths. It's not clear to me though how the
UV filter would simulate the absence of FWA though. I would
have thought that the apparent reflectance at short wavelengths
would remain the same.