[argyllcms] Re: Running dispcal stops usb card reader

  • From: hetas <hetas4ml@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 18:06:04 +0200

On 15.02.2012 02:29, Graeme Gill wrote:
Juho Turunen wrote

I have usb smartcard reader connected to my machine. When running
dispcal the card reader stops working. Restarting the software which
is  using the card reader (VDR with softcam) gets the reader working
again.

You're probably better off checking that this problem occurs if
you run the libusb lsusb utility, and then reporting it
on the libusb mailing list, and/or to those responsible
for the usb-serial-driver.

Graeme Gill.

Ok, this is pretty much what I was expecting but had to start asking around somewhere.

Running lsusb does not cause any problems. Even the verbose listing as root, as shown in my first message, does not affect the card reader

dispcal is the only thing I have noticed to cause this behavior.

Connecting or disconnecting usb devices, colorimeter or other, also causes no problems.

Juho