[argyllcms] Re: Loading CAL file with dispwin

  • From: Craig Ringer <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:36:01 +0900

Graeme Gill wrote:
Craig Ringer wrote:
On Vista that'll work but not well. Because the UAC screen-greying seems
to nuke the LUT the changes won't remain in place. The LUT also seems to
be reset on display blanking and machine sleep. On my laptop it also
seems to be cleared a few seconds into user login, often just after the
calibration loader has run. I wouldn't be too surprised if some of these
issues were driver specific, but they're still trouble.

Hmm. I think I may email some of the people I know in the WCS team
and ask them what the story is..

I did a bit of testing to see if I could provide more detailed information to help out. It looks like the answer might indeed be drivers, as I can no longer fully reproduce the issue on my laptop, and the only things that have changed are:

- Updated nVidia drivers (yesterday)
- ... and the usual batch of Windows updates

Specifically, the LUT is no longer cleared by a UAC prompt or by suspend/resume. I'll check display blanking shortly, but I expect it's preserved.

I've sent some system information off-list in case it's still useful.

The LUT still gets reset shortly after login. It's hard to tell what's doing this, and I'll have to do a bit of digging.

--
Craig Ringer