[argyllcms] Re: I need some help / advise on colorimeters

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 10:34:53 +1000

János, Tóth F. wrote:
I am wondering if these are really capable of measuring WCG-CCFL and LED LCD
or WCG PDP displays or it's just marketing or the software applies some kind
of generic corrections according to the EDID info (like the Quato iColor
software has matrices for the DP94 sensor and Quato display combos...)

If this is the device I've heard about, then it has the very good approach
of including the actual instrument spectral sensitivity curves in it's firmware,
so that a correction matrix can be made if you simply know the spectral
characteristics of the display primaries.

I am thinking about selling my ColorMunki and picking up one of these.
But I am also wondering if there are any physical differences between the
Pro and non-Pro versions except the software support.

No idea. This device is not supported by Argyll (yet).