[argyllcms] Re: I need some help / advise on colorimeters

  • From: Christophe <christophe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 23:44:42 +0200

Hey,

there's very few thorough(!) comparisons of colorimeters, the only one I know has been done by a German magazine called "Mac Life" in 2008.[1] The clear winner is the DTP94, you won't get a better device for this price, it's still available from OEM manufacturers.[2]

I got one myself, it works very well on Ubuntu Linux, both 10.04 and 11.04.

Christophe

[1] http://www.best-lite.de/Mac_Life_Farbmanagement_Teil_1__1_.pdf
[2] http://geizhals.at/eu/a441451.html

On 15.06.2011 13:23, Jordi Puigsegur Figueras wrote:
Hi all,

I use Linux Ubuntu and I am looking at the different options to buy a
colorimeter to be used  with Argyll.

You might remember recently I reported a problem with a Spider 2 under
Linux. That hardware was borrowed from a friend, and after the experience I
am definetely not going to buy a Spider.

The other options I am considering now are the following:

- Pantone Eye One Display LT

- Pantone Huey

In both cases I understand there is no difference with the other more
expensive options since the hardware is the same. And I also understand that
they work using Argyll under Linux.

Is there much difference between these two colorimeters? Is it worth the
difference?

Any other option I might consider?

Which is the difference between a colorimeter (like Eye One or the Huey) and
a spectometer like the x-rite Colormunki Photo?

Thanks,
Jordi.

--
كريستوف سوكول‬