[argyllcms] Re: I need some help / advise on colorimeters

  • From: edmund ronald <edmundronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 00:16:48 +0200

I was a beta-tester for i1Pro. It is a nice piece of hardware, very good
build quality. Hangs nicely, stores nicely. Profiles seem ok, when built
without any bells or whistles.
I don't know whether Argyll can use any of these until someone hooks them up
to a USB analyzer. I expect they can handle wide gamut displays but I
haven't tested.

Edmund

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 11:44 PM, János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Did anybody see these new colorimeters?
>
> http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-11622-11688
>
> http://www.xrite.com/documents/literature/en/L7-507_DisplaySolutions_en.pdf
>
> I am wondering if these are really capable of measuring WCG-CCFL and LED
> LCD or WCG PDP displays or it's just marketing or the software applies some
> kind of generic corrections according to the EDID info (like the Quato
> iColor software has matrices for the DP94 sensor and Quato display
> combos...)
>
> I am thinking about selling my ColorMunki and picking up one of these.
> But I am also wondering if there are any physical differences between the
> Pro and non-Pro versions except the software support.

I was a beta tester for the