[argyllcms] Re: How to improve an RGB printer profile using ti2 and ti3 files

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <profiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 18:34:10 +0000

Hi,

On 19/12/10 13:51, Vittorio Villani wrote:

I found that many "problematic" patches where in the same strirpe (BB)
witch was on the border of the print, so the problems was probabily that
I could not easly put the ColorMunki in the right position.

Yes, that would make sense. When I have poorly-fitting patches I usually find they're in the same strip.

Your "dream charrtread" would be a very nice program, so that everybody
could easly repeat the readings when they are not good.

Yes, it's not difficult now, just a lengthy cycle of read/profile/check/identify/reread, which makes it tedious.

It would also be nice to have the possibility to average multiple
readings (multiple .ti3 files).

That can already be done using the average utility, though it can currently only calculate the mean average of two .ti3 files. (While I'm pipe-dreaming, It'd be nice to be able to find the mode of three or more sets of readings, too!)

All the best
--
Alastair M. Robinson