[argyllcms] Re: Hints to profile my DSLR camera

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 15:27:20 -0700
On 2010 Jan 4, at 2:07 PM, Pascal de Bruijn wrote:

> Especially since, you need your RAW converter to do absolutely no
> color processing at all... just linear raw RGB...

Linear RAW conversion still applies a color balance, at least in all the
converters I've worked with.

dcraw (and UFRaw by extension) does its white balance by specifying channel
multipliers, and you can use the same multiplier for all three, but even the
docs recommend against this. In my experience, for good reason.

What I personally want is the drag-to-select gray balance tool of UFRaw grafted
onto DPP's processing (including lens aberration correction) wrapped in an
interface as slick as ACR's. Is that too much to ask?

<sigh>

b&