[argyllcms] Re: Hints to profile my DSLR camera

  • From: Milan Knížek <knizek.confy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 22:56:16 +0100

Iliah Borg píše v Po 04. 01. 2010 v 14:53 -0500:
> On Jan 4, 2010, at 2:45 PM, Milan Knížek wrote:
>
> > Iliah Borg píše v Po 04. 01. 2010 v 10:11 -0500:
> >
> >> 2. Set white balance from some good reference grey.
> >>
> > This could be required for profiling camera JPEG image. But raw file?
>
> Without white balance it is hard to evaluate proper exposure. All
> camera settings for profiling are better be neutral, too: sharpening,
> 0; saturation, 0; style, faithful/canon, neutral/nikon; color space,
> Adobe RGB (affects histogram); linear custom curve; hue, 0. Shooting
> tethererd for profiling is the best tactics I know anyway.

Linux users have an easier life here - UFRaw does not recognise any of
these settings but camera white-balance - shortcoming becoming an
"advantage"? :-)

And UFRaw can use "eyedropper" with the user-defined area for manual
white-balancing.

Regards,

Milan Knizek
knizek (dot) confy (at) volny (dot) cz