[argyllcms] Re: Hints to profile my DSLR camera

  • From: Konstantin Pyanzin <kokap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 22:55:50 +0300

Davide wrote:
> Ok now that I'll own soon my target to profile the DSLR camera I need
> more hints to shoot the target.
> Well my principal interests it's nature photography, so most of my shots
> are taken in many different weather conditions.
>
>  For example I need to make a profile for cloudy/sunny/rainy weather?
> Any suggestion it's welcome
>
> Regards,
> Davide
> --

Hmmm, nature photography...
In this case you do not need to use ICC profiles in general and ColorChecker SG
or IT8 charts in particular. They are useless there.
I think, you need to use DNG profiles with a ColorChecker (ColorChecker Mini,
ColorChecker Passport) chart.
Take a look at
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/accessories/dng-profiles.shtml and at
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/accessories/colorchecker-psssport.shtml