[argyllcms] Re: Feature request: test window with no borders

  • From: lee scratchy <leescratchy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 02:43:54 +0000

oh well I think you can safely ignore my messages. sorry for that :)

apparently this i1 is faulty.

it's giving a greenish picture with ARGYLL and the Gretag app, and when I check
back with the s2 there's a lack of blue.

so basically it sees more blue than there is, and that translates to an excess
of green.

oddly enough, the gretag diagnostic tool says the device is fine :

General Information
  Date and Time: 1/9/2008 12:15:43 PM
  Application
version: Version 2.4.1
  Driver version: Version 3.3.1  Build 115

Driver version iO: Version 1.1.0  Build 92
  Platform: Microsoft Windows

Device Information
  Device type: Eye-One Display (Version 2) [
Ambient Light  Emission ]

Calibration

Emission calibration Successful

Emission Test
  CRT calibration
done
  White measurement (X=53.772 Y=53.931 Z=56.716)
  Gray measurement
(X=17.554 Y=17.551 Z=20.546)
  Black measurement (X=0.120 Y=0.133 Z=0.172)

  Red measurement (X=26.605 Y=14.331 Z=1.788)
  Green measurement
(X=17.701 Y=35.000 Z=6.148)
  Blue measurement (X=9.360 Y=4.433 Z=48.357)

  Emission Test: Pass

*** PASS ***

From: leescratchy@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [argyllcms] Re: Feature request: test window with no borders
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 00:05:38 +0000

Hi Graeme,

oops sorry, a few days ago someone asked you for a bordeless calibration window
for Tri-Tubes projector.

because their colors tend to shift quite a lot in corners.

but on regular CRT/LCD projectors, this is not the case.

so a fullscreen option would be great for light sensitivity, to make sure that
the calibration window borders don't interfere in low IRE calibration.

BTW did you have a chance to take a look at the .CHC files I sent a few hours
ago ?

the HCFR app can be found at
http://www.homecinema-fr.com/colorimetre/release/Setup_v1_2_2.exe and you can
set it in english.
it's some sort of light version of ColorFacts, and it's a very accurate tool so
"see" what's going on.

my i1 is supposed to be fully fonctionnal from what the gretag diagnostic apps
says, yet I don't succeed to get as good results as I was getting from the s2 :(

basically with
-t6500 QH, I get a good DE but the color temp is quite fluctuating and it looks
greenish to the human eye
-t6500 QU, the DE is quite bad and so is the color temp, which is more like
6000K
-T6500 QH, the color temp is perfect but my DE is around 6 in the HCFR color
application(from D65)

basically T6500 on the i1 looks identical to t6500 on the s2..........ain't
there a way that I could get a low DE and perfect color temp with the i1 as I
was getting with the s2 ? and why does "t6500 QU" look so ugly, yet it's
perfectly fine on the s2 ?

can't it be related to the gretag SDK that requires to do internal white
calibration prior to each session, like the color.HCFR app does ?
or there's something fishy in the i1 algorithms within your app ? I'm quite
dubious about why it doesn't give better results :(

Best Regards,

-Maxime