[argyllcms] Re: Feature request: test window with no borders

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 07:14:03 -0500

Peter,

> The test program from X-Rite will only test if the device is working
> properly, but can not tell you if the measurment is o.k. (filters
> could have aged for example...)

One way to tell is a) send the instrument back to X-Rite for
re-certification or b) measure some kind of radiometrically calibrated lamp
(Optronic outrageously prohibitive).

>... Also a one
> day test at the germany PMPF last year showed that i1 Pro readings are
> near to reference devices like Minolta CS-200 and CS-1000.

What does PMPF stands for?

Do you J. Raimar Kuhnen? Him and I have been corresponding a lot lately in
the context of various instruments pros and cons. He's also in Deutchland.

> Unfortunatelly there's no way for an end user to check the accuracy of
> his device.

And even "absolute" accuracy in the context of LCD calibration is far from
"automatic".

> Best regards
> Peter

Roger Breton