[argyllcms] Re: Feature request: test window with no borders

  • From: Jerome Stolfo <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 09:41:43 +0100

Frédéric Mantegazza a écrit :
Le 8/1/2008, "Graeme Gill" <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

Doing a full screen black background may be a desirable thing for
CRT's, but it makes it difficult to monitor progress and control
what's going on.

Except if you have a dual screen config ;o)

Exactly, I calibrate using my TV as a secondary screen :-) Tritubes projectors need small test window, because often they are pretty old, and when they display a full saturated screen (which never happens on a real movie anyway), the color becomes a little weak, and even worse when its a full white screen (all 3 tubes filled), so calibration has to be done on a small portion of the screen.

I'll keep it in mind, but being platform
sensitive, it may take some effort to figure out how to
do such a thing.

I didn't try under XP, but what if using the -p params, to scale the
patch? I guess the window decoration will be still there, but it can be
possible to move it so it is outside of the screen, can't be?
Decorations can be eliminated if they are on the borders of the screen (with blanking controls on the projector), but not if they are right in the middle of the screen, so a ideal solution would be a full screen black test window, and the "test" window would be just a colored rectangle drawn inside this window.

stoub