[argyllcms] FW: Re: Question regarding gamut mapping for photographic images

  • From: "Greg Sullivan" <greg.sullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:06:24 +1000

I've just been reading some of the earlier messages about this gamut mapping
issue. In the message below, I really do not get the impression that Argyll
maps the source gamut to the extremeties of the destination gamut.
The main reason for my doubt is the mention of applying a "modest saturation
enhancement". To me this doesn't mean the same thing as mapping the
extremeties. :)

Is there anything I'd need to change in the headers to get Argyll to
ensure that the extremeties of the source gamut can be pushed all the way
out to the extremeties of the destination gamut, even if that means a
*severe* increase in saturation?

Greg.