[argyllcms] Re: Eye-One problem

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:13:34 +1000

Vladimir Gajic wrote:
"Strip failed due to missread(Dark calibration is inconsistent)
Hit Esc to give up, and any other key to retry: "

Before each reflective measurement there is a dark calibration.

That means that while the instrument is held on the paper, before
its light is turned on, it measures its sensor value, and uses
that as its zero reference. If the value is not constant during
that time, it returns the error you are seeing.

This could be a fault in the hardware or bug in driver, but
first you need to make sure that the instrument is being
used with the chart correctly. Make sure that you aren't operating
in a brightly lit environment. Make sure that the chart is on
a flat, firm surface, and that the instrument is flat on the chart
(ie. that it's not at a slight angle due to different thicknesses
of paper under each end of it), and that light isn't leaking in
between the paper and the instrument.

If you are using a guide to measure a strip, make sure there is no
build up of ink on the guide, and that the instrument is properly fitted to
the guide, and isn't sitting on a lip (I find this often happens
to me when I'm using the spot reading guide).