[argyllcms] AW: Re: Eye-One problem

  • From: "Vladimir Gajic" <vgajic67@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 19:40:24 +0200

Hi Graeme,

I solved my problem on a quite strange way simply by connecting another Eye One
and calibrating it. Afterwards I reconnected the previous model. It works fine
now. Maybe you have an idea?

Regards
Vladimir

-- Gesendet von meinem Palm Pre
Graeme Gill &lt;graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt; schrieb am 21.04.2010 03:17:

Vladimir Gajic wrote:

&gt; "Strip failed due to missread(Dark calibration is inconsistent)

&gt; Hit Esc to give up, and any other key to retry: "

Before each reflective measurement there is a dark calibration.

That means that while the instrument is held on the paper, before

its light is turned on, it measures its sensor value, and uses

that as its zero reference. If the value is not constant during

that time, it returns the error you are seeing.

This could be a fault in the hardware or bug in driver, but

first you need to make sure that the instrument is being

used with the chart correctly. Make sure that you aren't operating

in a brightly lit environment. Make sure that the chart is on

a flat, firm surface, and that the instrument is flat on the chart

(ie. that it's not at a slight angle due to different thicknesses

of paper under each end of it), and that light isn't leaking in

between the paper and the instrument.

If you are using a guide to measure a strip, make sure there is no

build up of ink on the guide, and that the instrument is properly fitted to

the guide, and isn't sitting on a lip (I find this often happens

to me when I'm using the spot reading guide).