[argyllcms] Re: Crushed shadow details

  • From: xun wang <xun911@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 22:54:36 -0400

Hi Alan, thanks for the link. It's a great article.
I ended up using i1d2+ccmx & calibrated my monitor at native WP, 100lux &
0.25 BP with ~670:1 contrast ratio. And I see every bit of the shadow
details, including from 0 to 1 in RGB. With Colormunki I get pretty much
identical visual result but when I ran calibrated reports, I constantly get
about 100-120 less contrast ratio at ~560:1.
X-rite OEM software gave OK result but with very limited features and less
shadow details. So everything is working great so far.

Thanks again Graeme for making such a useful tool available for so many
devices/OS! and for free!