[argyllcms] Re: Crushed shadow details

  • From: xun wang <xun911@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 13:13:36 -0400

Hi Graeme,
yes I saw it when I was doing troubleshooting, but I didn't completely
understand it when I read it. I've just re-read it and I think I understand
it better now, this might fix the problem in a more fundamental way.

Few questions:
1) My main display is Dell 3007wfp-hc, it's 92% adobe RGB, and I edit in Pro
Photo RGB. For the source colorspace, should I be choosing Adobe RGB or
Prophoto? I would assume it's Pro Photo Right?
2) there are 3 LUT based profile types in dispcalGUI, should I use the Lab
LUT one?
3) using cLUT profile, do I still need to manually set the black level to
see all the shadow details as I've done now for the matrix profile or can I
use "native"?
4) are there any other real world advantage/disadvantage for display profile
by using the cLUT profile type besides it contains more information and more
flexible?

thanks!