[argyllcms] Re: Canon XPS printer drivers: fake CMYK or rogue CMS?

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 09:18:30 +0200

I tried to tag the image with Eurocoated v2, set the same profile in
Win8.1's color settings for the printer and print with "printer manages
colors" is PS and "ICM profiles" mode in the XPS driver settings. The
resulted print wasn't saturated enough.

Another hint is that PhotoShop doesn't accept the installed CMYK profile if
I tell PS to do the color conversion before printing (instead of the
printer). So, I guess it won't work with PhotoShop either wasys. And it
seeems probable it detects and RGB device, not just assumes one (but it is
also possible because XPS printer drivers aren't common, CMYK usually
happens with PostScript drivers, everything else used to be RGB GDI.)

I will check out that file you mentioned.

I guess cheap native CMYK printing would have been too nice to be true.