[argyllcms] Re: Canon XPS printer drivers: fake CMYK or rogue CMS?

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:44:18 +0200

Well,

Inside the downloadable sefl-extract archive, there is the .INF which
refers to sRGBPROFILE.OEM (no mention of CMY).

Inside a cabinet file (alongside the main .INF) there is another .INF which
refers to "sRGB Color Space Profile.icm" as RGB and Dev profiles, and also
a CMYK profile: CNMXJPAT.DAT (not .ICM).

This .DAT file is actually a real CMYK<->Lab cLUT profile.

What all this means, unfortunately, I can not tell.
This still don't tell me it the printer hardware receives RGB or CMYK data
when I print a CMYK image from PhotoShop.
Should I try to tag my test charts with this profile and allow driver CMS
in a hope to get a "native" CMYK response?