[argyllcms] Re: Calibration of my colormunki

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 21:13:07 +1000

Richard Hughes wrote:
spotread doesn't seem to store anything in the CWD for me, and looking
at strace it seems to try to store the value in
/usr/bin/.mk_2023111.cal -- which for a user obviously won't work (and
argyll seems to ignore EACCES without a warning).

Yes, you're right, it saves it in the same dir as the executable.
(I went and looked for this possibility, but missed it.)
It ignores a failure to open the file for reading because
it's not necessary for correct functioning.

By bodging PATH and
arg[0] to something more reasonable I could probably get the
calibration file to be saved somewhere else, although this is a giant
hack and probably not a good idea.

I'm open to other suggestions. An "ARGYLL_HOME" environment path to
override the default ?