[argyllcms] Re: Calibration of my colormunki

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 21:57:39 +1000

Richard Hughes wrote:

Sure, I think it's important to at least show a warning in this case.
strace really was my last resort.

It's awkward at that point, without something elaborate
like a callback. It was simpler to ignore it, since it
only has an impact on the -N option for the i1pro and ColorMunki.

Can't you just use the current working directory like you've done in
other places? What I save the ti1, ti2 and those files in a GCM
specific directory just by setting the working directory before I run
the other argyll commands and the output files pop up there.

The calibration is per instrument, so ideally it would be stored in the
instrument
itself, but this is out of my control (there's not general purpose flash on
the instruments, and I'm wary of modifying it by writing to the EEProm anyway on
the i1pro, lest I be accused of wrecking it.) So the next best option is storing
it per machine. The next next best option is per user. The least desirable
option
would be in the CD.