[argyllcms] Re: Calibration of my colormunki

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:05:10 -0700
On 2010 Apr 28, at 2:12 AM, Graeme Gill wrote:

> For these sorts of instruments the
> calibrations should be more frequent than that, since things like
> black level are very temperature dependent, and LED output levels
> are also temperature dependent

Does the calibration really need to be saved to a file at all, then? Why not
just keep it in memory and never write it to disk?

...and, any chance of adding an option to have chartread (and maybe dispread)
pause every N patches for a recalibration? Perhaps even a sliding scale with
frequent recalibrations early on, and longer intervals if the instrument
appears to have stabilized?

I'm also thinking it might be helpful to have some sort of an auto-test mode
that calibrates, runs the lamp for N seconds, calibrates, repeats, and reports
when it's stabilized. And perhaps even an option to have the instrument warm up
with the lamp on for x seconds before starting to read the chart.

Or is this into the realm of overkill...?

b&