[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating mug prints (thermal transfer)

  • From: Ing. Martin Sivák <info@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 11:34:21 +0200

Hi,

> You can't solve Your problem with skin tones without complete process
> profiling.

Well, no surprise there. I tried to do that, but since the
spectromether's aperture is quite wide and the cup is not flat, I'm
getting bad readings because ambient is reflecting of the cup. I tried
to shield the measurement area using matte boards, but.. even with
spectromether mounted to a tripod it is not possible to shield it
completely (I have to be able to position the instrument and the cup
to get a precise reading of the chart).

Any tips on how to get rid of the ambient reflections from non-flat surface?

Thanks

--
Martin Sivak