[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating mug prints (thermal transfer)

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 13:36:20 +0400

Ing. Martin SivАk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an issue with calibrating printer to get proper colors after we
> transfer the image to a ceramic mug.
> 100% color accuracy is not required (we could measure the cups, but
> ouch.. that would be too many), but at least ?neutrals and skin tones
> should be acceptable by common customers.

You can't solve Your problem with skin tones without complete process
profiling. I've solved the problem by measuring the targets on the cups - 161
8x8mm patch per one cap, instrument - EyeOne). By one cap I built the
preliminary profile. The other two - the main profile - (targen with "-c" key).
I've combined all three cup measurements into one ti3. The result was pretty
good. Mention must be note, that I've profiled the printer in RGB-mode of the
driver.