[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating mug prints (thermal transfer)

  • From: Ing. Martin Sivák <info@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 10:37:18 +0200

Hi,

I have an issue with calibrating printer to get proper colors after we
transfer the image to a ceramic mug.

We used a metal plate of similar white as the mug surface is (white),
but of course it wasn't perfect match. We then measured the targets
from the plate.

When we transfer the image to the mug it is too yelowish. Nothing
unexpected, but I'm looking for a way how to compensate this. I can
use spot metering to get the mug white XYZ, but I found no way how to
tell Argyll that the profile for intended destination has to be
matched/computed to different white point.

100% color accuracy is not required (we could measure the cups, but
ouch.. that would be too many), but at least  neutrals and skin tones
should be acceptable by common customers.

Thanks a lot for all ideas

--
Martin Sivak
info@xxxxxxxxxx