[argyllcms] Re: negative primaries

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 01:01:49 +0200

Am 06.06.2010 22:51, schrieb Elle Stone:
> I'd like to know, if what the ICC says is true, is the blue channel detail in
> camera space imaginary, because it looks real,

Well, I would rather not call the _raw_ red/green/blue channels of a
camera imaginary as they represent what the sensor is "seeing". But
there is indeed one thing to keep in mind: Due to overlapping spectral
sensitivities of the R, G, and B filters, a camera may not be able to
return any possible RGB triple within the full RGB cube, but only a
subset of the cube. And RGB triples lying outside of this subset are
indeed "not real", since the camera will never return them.

Regards,
Gerhard