[argyllcms] Re: Best settings for an ancient CRT?

  • From: Quartz <quartz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 21:49:55 -0400

Buying a "newer" used CRT from craigslist could be cheaper than paying
you to figure it out.

Believe me, if I could force people to be sane I would. Working odd jobs like this is one step above working retail sometimes I swear.

(I have no idea if the error you're having is
monitor related.)

From what I understand, 'Jacobian matrix' has something to do with predicting the response curves so it can speed up measurement process. I believe that the errors here mean the monitor is too far out of whack and the predictions are failing. I don't want to just put the calibration speed slider on super slow mode though without a better understanding of what's going on.

it has a certain smooth-brained appeal