[argyllcms] Re: Best settings for an ancient CRT?

  • From: Quartz <quartz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 23:48:59 -0400

It just means that dispcal is struggling

Wait, dispcal is struggling, or argyll? I thought dispcal was just a front end and that argyll did all the actual work.

Rather
than focus on such warnings, does the calibration and profile look any good ?

I guess? Nothing looks seriously out of whack at first glance, but I haven't done any real testing since I didn't want to waste time if my settings were wrong from the get go.

I'm more wondering if there's any sort of general tips for this situation (like LUT vs matrix, drift compensation or not, etc), or if with such an old monitor it all ends up the same. I'm fine tweaking a few things and letting it run overnight once or twice, but don't want to blow a whole week trying to squeeze blood from a stone.

it has a certain smooth-brained appeal