[argyllcms] Re: Awful result with Argyll 1.3.5 + dispcalGUI 0.8 + i1Display Pro & Dell U2711 :-(((

  • From: "Fabrizio Giudici" <Fabrizio.Giudici@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 21:02:22 +0100

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 20:32:29 +0100, Philip Reed <philipreed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 That's why I pre-warm the instrument
and
use drift compensation.  It makes the process much longer, but I get very
consistent results.

Agreed, but once you do this consistently, you must have reasonably equivalent readings with any software. We're talking of physical, well-defined quantities and if two pieces of software give different readings beyond a reasonable tolerance, either there's a bug of something wrong with the measurement procedure.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."