[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.3.0 has been released.

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 21:15:17 +0200

When do you recommend to use the 10˙ FOV setting?

Is it better for a 24" WCG display? (EIZO said it is but they examined a
fullscreen white test pattern...)

Can I use these XYZ.10 measurement values in other color management
softwares? (I think they assumes XYZ.2 but I am not sure how it works...)

By the way, I think you didn't really fixed the "Sample Read failed" bug or
there is no solution.

I used to receive this error during display calibration and I never noticed
it during the characterization.
The calibration was stable now but I received this familiar message during
the characterization (once with both of my displays).

I think it can be a problem with the instrument black self-calibration
because I used DisplcalGUI and I let it to bypass the instrument
self-calibration between the calibration and characterization. (And I chose
the High quality calibration, so it took a lot of time...)

May be you should examine the safe time for the ColorMunki self-calibration
and periodically ask for re-calibrations. (But this is not the best solution
with display which has bad screen uniformity.) Or consider to disable the
bypass option and/or the HQ mode for this instrument.

Or there is another problem somewhere...