[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.3.0 has been released.

  • From: Juergen Lilien <jp.lilien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 22:34:55 +0200

János, Tóth F. wrote:

> By the way, I think you didn't really fixed the "Sample Read failed" bug or
> there is no solution.
> I used to receive this error during display calibration and I never noticed
> it during the characterization.

I see only misreads during the interactive calibration process when the
change of a display setting takes place exactly during a measurement.
But this is no bug, I see it as a feature that Argyll is able to spot
irregular measurement data.

> The calibration was stable now but I received this familiar message during
> the characterization (once with both of my displays).
>
> I think it can be a problem with the instrument black self-calibration
> because I used DisplcalGUI and I let it to bypass the instrument
> self-calibration between the calibration and characterization. (And I chose
> the High quality calibration, so it took a lot of time...)

You call for problems if you skip the instrument (ColorMunki)
self-calibration between calibration and characterization when
using the slow hires/adaptive mode. I also found that my Munki
needs an acclimatisation time (about 10-15 minutes) on the screen
to deliver stable results.
With this precautions I have never seen a misread lately.

Regards, Juergen