[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.3.0 has been released.

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 11:57:58 +1000

Sam Berry wrote:
Firstly, the utility refuses to access the DTP-94 with 'new_disprd failed
with "Instrument Access Failed" ' when using the '-N' switch to avoid having
to remove the eye-one from the screen every testing round.

OK, I'll change that to be a warning rather than an error.

Without using the '-N' switch the patches read, but the display window appears to hang
randomly with the spinning egg-timer replacement, resulting in 15
measurement of the same patch. When the reading does complete, attempting to
save the matrix results in the program crashing immediately, with no file
saved. Have you any suggestions for what I could be doing wrong? I did get
it to work once when I got a chance to try it quickly on Wednesday, but
could not reproduce the success. The file seemed valid and plausible.

I don't seem to be able to reproduce this problem (I'm assuming
this is with the DTP94 rather than whatever spectrometer you were
using ?), but then I don't have two displays on my Vista test box.

You could try removing the USB driver and re-installing
it from V1.3.0 (Device manager, Uninstall, "Delete driver software..",
Scan for hardware changes, Update driver software, Browse my computer,
Argyll_V1.3.0\libusb1, ...)

I'm not sure how to reproduce the crash either.

An alternative to using the interactive mode is to create a test
chart (say "targen -v -d3 -f0 -e0 -m3 test"), measuring it
using dispread with the two instruments, and then using
ccmxmake -f file1.ti3,file2.ti3 etc...

On the more trivial matters, the ccmxmake -h text reads: 'usage: ccmxmake
[-options] output.sp'. I presume this should read .ccmx?

Thanks.