[argyllcms] AW: Matrox P650 doesn't seem to want to play...

  • From: Thomas Kumlehn <thomaskumlehn@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:11:07 +0000 (GMT)

I'm not sure if this is related to the P650, but some graphics cards have great
10bit LUTs but bypass them when outputting digitally over DVI, just because
they are placed by design between Memory path and DAC and not also between
Memory path and DVI chip. Currently no off-the-shelf LCD known to me, takes
10bit per colour channel. All need 8x3bits.

Thomas Kumlehn
PIXEL PARTNER (R)

Member of the http://www.XING.com network