[argyllcms] Re: A question about viewing gamma (dispcal)

  • From: Anders Torger <torger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 20:29:51 +0200

On Saturday 30 October 2010, Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:
> Am 30.10.2010 10:39, schrieb Anders Torger:
> > So if ambient lighting correction only can fix my non-color managed
> > applications, then the natural question is "how do I apply ambient
> > lighting correction for my color managed applications?".
>
> As I already mentioned in a previous posting, you _do_ have the
> opportunity to specify source and destination viewing conditions for
> the "perceptual" and "saturation" transformation when you create the
> profile with the "colprof" utility (see
> http://argyllcms.com/doc/colprof.html, in particular the options -c
> and -d).
>
> E.g.
> colprof -v -tr -S sRGB.icc -cmt -djd myprojector

Thanks, great! I've actually started to figure it out and playing around
with these settings already, but it's great to see that I'm on track.

Not sure though if anyone does these things, surfed the net for
calibration guides, and doing viewing condition corrections does not
seem to be included in the standard procedure... perhaps I'm doing
overkill stuff here? As a beginner it is hard to know how much the
viewing conditions can differ from the recommended before it has
significant impact.

/Anders