[argyllcms] Re: A question about viewing gamma (dispcal)

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 19:33:07 +0200

Am 30.10.2010 10:39, schrieb Anders Torger:
> So if ambient lighting correction only can fix my non-color managed
> applications, then the natural question is "how do I apply ambient lighting
> correction for my color managed applications?".

As I already mentioned in a previous posting, you _do_ have the
opportunity to specify source and destination viewing conditions for the
"perceptual" and "saturation" transformation when you create the profile
with the "colprof" utility (see http://argyllcms.com/doc/colprof.html,
in particular the options -c and -d).

E.g.
colprof -v -tr -S sRGB.icc -cmt -djd myprojector

If you apply the resulting profile _with perceptual intent_ then it will
change the colors in a way that the appearance is still preserved,
though the source and destination viewing conditions are different. The
above example assumes "monitor in a typical work environment" as source
VC, and "projector in dark environment" as destination VC, which has for
instance the consequence that the mid-tones will be darkened for the
projection in the dark environment, in order that the projected image
has the same appearance as the original image when displayed on a
"monitor in typical work environment".

Am 30.10.2010 02:01, schrieb adam k:
> Are looking for holly Grail?

No, there is no need to look for it - the funtionality is already
supported by Argyll.

Regards,
Gerhard