[arachne] Re: Soundblaster 16

  • From: SAMUEL HEYWOOD <sheywood@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 06:50:33 -0500

Neither of the  FreeDOS versions listed below is the one I was speaking of.
The version I was speaking of, and the one I use use is the full live CD
version.
It is named "fdfullcd.iso"

------------- begin quoted material ---------------
(153MB)This is the recommended download for users with a fast internet
connection and a reasonable level of free hard disk space. It is the same
as fdbasecd, but adds the LiveCD portion and the COMPRESS, DRIVER, EDIT,
GAMES, GUI, LANG, MEDIA, NET, and UTIL disksets. *If you are an experienced
DOS user, you should download fdfullcd. The fdfullcd also includes the
source code of all BASE packages and a LiveCD portion, as does the fdbasews

BTW, that version even includes one of the latest Arachne versions.
I just did another search and I found that one.  You may download it from
here:

http://freedos.gds.tuwien.ac.at/freedos/files/

Enjoy!

Sam Heywood