[arachne] Re: Soundblaster 16

  • From: SAMUEL HEYWOOD <sheywood@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 00:30:25 -0500

Suggest that you do a default installation of FreeDOS 1.0 from the live CD.
Sound card drivers for a Soundblaster card and also a program that plays
MP3's
and other types of audio files will be automagically set up for you.

The FreeDOS distro comes also with drivers for three other brands of sound
cards, but the nifty batch file for setting up the drivers for the other
soundcards
is broken.  You should be able to figure out how the batch file is supposed
to work
and you can fix that.

Last time I searched the web for the FreeDOS 1.0 ISO file I couldn't find
it.

If anybody on this list needs a copy of the ISO, then just let me know and
will try to send it to you.

Regards,

Sam Heywood